dipping parts in solvent tank question

specops_SC

hey guys. just wanted to ask what parts of the intake are safe to dip in a solvent tank. other than the maf and tb. its a 91 supercharger so the rotors arent coated. im plannin to dip that, the intake and return plenums, intake manifold, and heads and get all that stuff nice and clean. if it would damage something, please let me know before i go dipping stuff.. thanks.

ok. so no blower dipping. is that because of the rotors or the drive assembly in the nose? all this stuff has about 160,000 miles of crud on it that i want to clean off. btw, the supercharger looked extremely good for the mileage. i thought the rotors would be all scuffed up but nothing. some very minor scuffing on the back of the rotors. and a lot of engine oil in it.

A dipping solvent may damage the shaft seals in the blower so I would'nt dip it myself. I'de tape up the inlet and outlets with duct tape, then I would spray it down with Gunk engine cleaner(or simuliar type of solvent) then rub around on the gunky portions with a parts cleaning brush. After rubbing down the whole outside of the blower with the parts brush spray it down one more time to make sure you got all the stuborn places. Once satisfied that you got everything rinse it off with the water hose. Dry it off then remove the tape, now set the blower on some clean rags with the outlet facing down onto the rags. Let set overnight if you want and drain that excess engine oil out. I would'nt worry about engine oil in the rotors. I just would'nt want puddles of oil setting in the rotor chamber.

Back