Eec Codes Plus More

Bacondoggy

Throwing Eec Codes Plus More - PLEASE HELP!

got my rear axle in - it is so nice to have 2 wheels spin instead of one! I found out my old axle had 3.55 gears in! back to 2.73's to save gas! now I have 2 problems. CEL is comming on not only on key on engine off, but sometimes while driving (just a blinking then back off) I took it up to autozone and it threw code 522 Neutral Drive Switch circuit open. what the heck? the guy there was not too intelligent - he said that code 12 just means it is going to initalize the test but it is a running engine code meaning the rpm s too high or something (whatever that means). but my car hesitates really bad - I drive, step on the gas and the car accelerates very slow, then around 1500-2000 rpm you get kicked back in your seat and it begins to accel normally. HELP!!!! :( :mad:

Mark

Last edited:
injectors are (as far as I know) totally stock. my car is bored 30+ and a cam I have the stock pulley on and a migger MAF - what would you mean by calibrating it? I know 4 sho it is NOT stock. it is nice and BIG (you know)... I remember buying a brand new injector from ford (like $50?) and the parts matched up. the problem is you step on the gas and it seems like the car de-celerates (sp?) then around 1500 you get launched back and feel the boost.

if u got a bigger MAF then the sampling tube is wrong, if the sampling tube is wrong then i believe it will send the wrong signals to the injectors and Eec, anyone? same theory?

do I have a short in the EEC or in the wiring somewhere? I hooked up an 89 eec to try to determine if that was the problem and I was told that the wiring is different between the 89 and 91... so I put the 91 eec back in - someone said I could have shorted out something? :eek:

Back