AOD Work.. which way is better?

Melon

SCCoA Member
This is probably one of those questions that will be around until the end of time, and after searching I didn't really find the answer I was hoping to find so here goes:

My AOD is giving me problems and it looks like I'll finally have the money laying around to take care of the problem at the end of the month. Would I be OK with a rebuild and Lentech Valvebody or should I seriously look into a Lentech AOD? I've looked at Lentech's website and if I go that route, I'm thinking about the AOD Street Terminator ($1895). I've got a 12" Non-Locking TC coming. I'm also wanting to do the right mod the first time. I'm afraid if I just rebuild it and go with a VB now, then I'll be rebuilding again in 2-3 years from the racing and general abuse we all do :D

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
-Andy "Melon"

If you were to do a local rebuild....make sure you trust the guy....Me personally I wish I would originally have went with a Art Carr or Lentech. Art Carr now has a valve body like lentech except its not a electric OD delete...

If you go to a local shop..They should be able to come up with the good clutch pacs, mechanical diode without spending an arm and a leg....Then get the Lentech Valvebody...You may even be able to get that tranny guy to get it direct from lentech at a discount..Its what I do...Or just get the whole shabang from Lentech..Hell if youy can get a warranty from a local shop and they will do the above..Go that way!

Back