fuel injector question

robs90sc

i have fuel injectors on my new motor but i'm not sure what size they are. it has green bands at top and bottom the body is yellow and the top is white. are they the 94-95 36s?
thanks in advance, rob

Here is a list I found that matches them to the top/connector color.

ford injectors
19lb - orange
24lb - light blue
30lb - red
36lb - dark blue
42lb - lime green

Can't find anything related to a white top.

Gray are 14#

Sounds like you need a better description. It sounds like an Accel brand with the yellow body, but the green strips sound like a Lucas injector. Are you sure they (green stripes) aren't O-rings?

Jeff

thanks for your imput i have a friend i know checking with an engineer that used to work for ford to find out what exactly it is due to the fact its something the engineers where working on for the supercoupe.
thanks, rob

Why don't you post a pic of them and we can identify them a lot easier. The body should be black and the top (where the connector goes) is the color we are looking for. Dark blue are 36# injectors.

Looking through the stack of injectors I have I found one that was as you described. It is a replacment injector and was on a Turbo coupe (they use 35# injectors are are brown/ Low impedance) they can't be used on the SC as they will burn out the injector drivers. This injector was not even the right one so I am not sure other than it looks like a GM injector.

Jeff

i just found out that they were smaller than i thought (i was hoping for 36s) so i just bought new injectors. i am trying to get the car running this weekend, just waiting on a few extra parts. thanks very much to everyone who replied to my question.
rob

J57ltr said:
So..... What were they?

Jeff

they weren't even as good as the stock injectors. so they've gone to the trash can. i am just waiting on my new injectors so i can finish the motor

I kinda figured they wern't but what were they? Other people might have the same problem as you. Could you post a pic?

Jeff

Back