Slow return to idle after new ThrottleBody

littleboylan

Well I installed a new throttle body about a week ago and have been experiencing high idle after pushing the clutch in, Its weird, like it will idle fine at startup but if I give it gas, it will jump to 2000rpms, and will hesitate there for a second, go down to about 1800, back up a lil bit more then return to about 1100rpms, this cycle takes like 15 sec after I hold the clutch in, its starting to worry me, I have already made sure all my seals are good and tight, and I have changed out the IAC valve, which I thought for sure was the problem, but it wasnt, anyone with any help please respond THanks MIke

ok

My TPS is at .92volts at idle and opens up to 4.75 and WOT, I dont know were I could be getting any vacuum leaks at either, any ideas were it could be leaking from?? Thanks Mike

Mike,
.92 should be good to go...Try playing with it a lil bit...What TB are you using? If it is the Professional Products piece then it has the manual TPS function so you can really mess with it...It does sound exactly like a TPS problem. I have mine set at .95 if I remember right...I was experiencing the exact scenario..

Good luck man..

Brad

thnks

Man I sure hope thats what it is, I hate driving the car like this, I mean I dont think its hurtn anything but it sure is annoying Thanks Mike

Have someone watch the linkage for binding while you blip the throttle to make sure it is returning to the closed position.

I have also seen some of the aftermarket TBs where the spring that winds around the throttle plate shaft not be wound up tight enough. Might need to get one more turn to tighten it up.

Thanks to everyone

Well, I went out to the garage to work on it today, I took off the TPS set it to 1.00volts and hooked everything back up and it was worse then before, so then I rip it all back apart again, (bout the 20th time in the last week) set it to .88 and wooop all of a sudden perfect, thanks everyone for all of your input thanks Mike

I was going to jump in and suggest setting the TPS at 0.90v or a little below. I remember having similar problems when I did my first TB upgrade. Anyway you figured it out yourself. Well done.

Back