M90 Disassembly - how hard is it?

DMX

M90 Blower Disassembly + Porting - how hard is it?

Thinking about opening up mine to do this....

portedscupper.jpg

and do the same to the back if the blower case. I'm guessing that I just need to undo the bolts on the front and slide things out.

What do I need to look out for?

edit : trying to change thread title to include "porting"

Last edited:
Thats the intake manifold plenum you're lookng at.. since the M90 is a separate part, I guess the answer is extremely easy. ;)

OK, to be fair, if you're planning to port the blower also, that's not as easy.

yeah I'm thinking about opening up the M90 itself. It looks like i'll just have to undo the 10 bolts in the snout area, just not sure if there was anything else to be on the lookout for.

Got the snout off today, I dont see any way to get the rotors out of there though, like the area behind the snout gears is sealed off.

What am I missing here? Below is a pic of what I see.

Attachments

• Image 032.jpg
    Image 032.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 424
The rotors and gears are pressed together through that bearing block. The bearing block is what you have described as the "closed area". There is another seam where that bearing block joins the actual case. The block is about three quarters of an inch thick. If you look closely you can see the seam. I have loosened that block with taps from a rubber mallet. Be very careful once the block comes away from the case, because it is heavy and you can easily damage the aluminum rotors or case by banging them together.

Gears, bearing block and rotors will all come out as one assembly.

More info here: http://sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5878

nice picture :D ya, I opened up the blower housing just as much, gained over 1 sq inch more area, very close to what the 94-95 M90's have got port area. That and opening up the "VEE" another 1/4" all the way around was good for a bit more than 1psi boost on my 90 SC.

Thanks guys, I got it off the other day, I just didnt look closely enough to see that plate section :)

I've got a bunch of pics, hopefully they'll help.

On mine I went CRAZY on the porting because I knew a little rtv on the inlet tube will seal just fine if i went really close to the edge, others may not want to take it so far.

- I still havent touched the V yet, I dont want to make a mistake there so I may just follow RancherLee's lead and take a 1/4" all the way around, and probably smooth the bolt bosses.

Here we go..

Attachments

• Image 033.jpg
    Image 033.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Image 029.jpg
    Image 029.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 324
  • Image 034.jpg
    Image 034.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 287
  • Image 044.jpg
    Image 044.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 298
  • Image 046.jpg
    Image 046.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 299
Its not very pretty but here is this extreme porting of the inlet and a few extra shots.

In the last picture of the lower intake, has anyone tried porting that and the matching intake pipe?

Attachments

• Image 047.jpg
    Image 047.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Image 048.jpg
    Image 048.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 290
  • Image 049.jpg
    Image 049.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 279
Did he ever get this thing running?:eek: Working on a port myself, but would be terrified to over port and then it not seal. BRASS JUEVOS!

Back