My 1/4 mile time and questions

Brandon

I haven't made it to the track yet, but I plan on going next week. What do you guys think I'll run? Here's my mods....ASP underdrive pulleys, 190lph fuel pump, Magnecor wires, MP 3.5" intake, 76mm C&L MAFS, MP FMIC, SCP 5% pulley, Kook's mid-length headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, Art Carr Extreme AOD, aluminum 3.73 rearend, BFGoodrich drag radials, and about 250lbs knocked off the car. The car feels strong, but it seems like something is missing. The car has absolutely no tuning. I'm really a dummy when it comes to chips, tuning, etc. What do you guys suggest I do? I know of no dynos around here. Also, what do think my next mod should be? Thanks!

Brandon said:
I haven't made it to the track yet, but I plan on going next week. What do you guys think I'll run? Here's my mods....ASP underdrive pulleys, 190lph fuel pump, Magnecor wires, MP 3.5" intake, 76mm C&L MAFS, MP FMIC, SCP 5% pulley, Kook's mid-length headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, Art Carr Extreme AOD, aluminum 3.73 rearend, BFGoodrich drag radials, and about 250lbs knocked off the car. The car feels strong, but it seems like something is missing. The car has absolutely no tuning. I'm really a dummy when it comes to chips, tuning, etc. What do you guys suggest I do? I know of no dynos around here. Also, what do think my next mod should be? Thanks!

I really don't have any ideas as to how fast you'll run, but you definately need to get a tune. I would contact Apten Performance, or if you can, contact Brian Herron personally. I believe he is still tuning chips for SC's.

BlckOnBlckBrd said:
I really don't have any ideas as to how fast you'll run, but you definately need to get a tune. I would contact Apten Performance, or if you can, contact Brian Herron personally. I believe he is still tuning chips for SC's.

Did you notice much difference with your chip? I guess what I don't understand is how can a chip be made for my car just by telling someone my mods???

Right of the bat experiment with shift points..I'd try both 5,000 and 5,500 with factyory tach and work from there...I went a full second quicker shifting at 5500.WHo knows how accurate the factory tach is

Last edited:
I think your going to run low 14s. With a ported supercharger and bigger injectors, high to mid 13s. I wouldn't get the chip until you upgrade the fuel system or the supercharger.

David

David Neibert said:
I think your going to run low 14s. With a ported supercharger and bigger injectors, high to mid 13s. I wouldn't get the chip until you upgrade the fuel system or the supercharger.

David

I'll definitely have to try different shift points. Hmm....I was thinking of trying some porting on this extra M90 I have laying around here. Thanks for the input guys.

What kind of times do you think I'd be running with the addition of a Magnaport II, MP inlet plenum, and an 85mm TB, and of course some bigger injectors?

I wouldnt know but your wallet will be hurtin ya!

Why dont ay see what Dave Dalke can do for ya whipple wise

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I wouldnt know but your wallet will be hurtin ya!

Why dont ay see what Dave Dalke can do for ya whipple wise

I'm sure the whipple won't be light on the wallet either!

Those mods are almost like mine but I don't have the underdrives or larger mafs or hedders and my best time was 14.079 on a very cold day in florida. I don't even take my car to the track in this heat it's just derpessing. Post back with your times cause I would like to see what you run. At the track I run those BFG DR's at 12 lbs. seems to work best for me, and don't just clean them off, heat em up! Good luck.

Jake said:
Those mods are almost like mine but I don't have the underdrives or larger mafs or hedders and my best time was 14.079 on a very cold day in florida. I don't even take my car to the track in this heat it's just derpessing. Post back with your times cause I would like to see what you run. At the track I run those BFG DR's at 12 lbs. seems to work best for me, and don't just clean them off, heat em up! Good luck.

I'm going next Wednesday, weather permitting of course. I'll let you guys know what I run. I'll start out running more psi in the tires and work my way down and see what works the best.

BlckOnBlckBrd said:

Brian works for SCT now...Apten was bought by modular depot and from what ive heard/read...has gone down hill

TbirdSC93 said:
Brian works for SCT now...Apten was bought by modular depot and from what ive heard/read...has gone down hill

Well, after some transmission problems for the past few weeks, I got that taken care of and I plan to go to the track this Wednesday. I'll post my times here for a few of you that were curious. I have an MPII, MP inlet plenum, 85mm TB, AFPR, and injectors on the way so I'll be running a little healthier in a few weeks. hehe

Brandon said:
Well, after some transmission problems for the past few weeks, I got that taken care of and I plan to go to the track this Wednesday. I'll post my times here for a few of you that were curious. I have an MPII, MP inlet plenum, 85mm TB, AFPR, and injectors on the way so I'll be running a little healthier in a few weeks. hehe

Unfortunately got rained out last week, but I'll be going this week, weather permitting of course. Anybody have any ideas what I'll run after I bolt on the MPII, MP Inlet, 85mm TB, AFPR, and 42lb injectors? How about afer I get RBs inlet and plenum?

Brandon said:
Unfortunately got rained out last week, but I'll be going this week, weather permitting of course. Anybody have any ideas what I'll run after I bolt on the MPII, MP Inlet, 85mm TB, AFPR, and 42lb injectors? How about afer I get RBs inlet and plenum?

For anyone who's interested, I ran a 14.142 at 95.54mph and a 2.110 60' time. That was my slowest mph of the night, but my best was 96.90mph and on another run I had a 2.064 60' time. I know there's a bit more left in the car and hopefully I can get into the 13s.

With good tires you and all the MP stuff you'll see 1.8 60 fts and 13.6-13.8's. A stock SC with just the AR will run 13.2-13.5's. Either way is $$, believe me.

Back