Cooling fan comes on as soon as I turn the key!! Need help.

canadabird

Whats up guys, This just started happeneing 2 days ago. When I turn the key to the on position even before I start the car my fan comes on for no reason but after a minute or so it will go off and stay off. If I start the car and trun it off it will still run for a minute or so then go off. The a/c was off so thats not it. I think the coolant temp switch is wired to the EEC which sends the signal to the relay control module to run the fan at either low or high speed depending on coolant temp. I think it may be the control module or the temp switch is malfunctioning. Anyone else had this problem before.
Need some insight.
Thanks for your help.

What year is your car? The reason I ask is that I'm pretty sure the puller fan comes on on both my 95's at startup.

Mine is a 90. It comes on as soon as I turn the key forward, i don't have to start the car. It has never did this before. thanks for your reply.

Mine has done that ever since I got it running. The engine in mine is from a 90. I actually had a time where the fan didn't stop running, even after the key was off :D

-Andy "Melon"

my fan will also stay on after i turn thr key off. guess i will just have to look into it some more on my own.

Back