White face gauges, where do i connect for power?

derekhay316

Just installing my white faced gauges. I got em in all fine. All i have to do now is connect the red and black wires for power. I did a search for this and found a couple guys connecting the red wire to a brown wire where the auto lamp wires come in and the black to the black there as well. I took mine apart and couldn't find a brown wire!!! I think the reason is that their's was a 93 sc and mines an 89. Any idea what i should do here?

i connected the black to the metal frame around the gauge cluster just put the ring terminal behind the cluster and use the screw hole for the cluster. i tapped the red wireon the gauges to a blue with a red stripe behind the headlight switch (behind the knob for your lights). that is the parking light hot lead. that way if you just have you parking lights on the gauges will work too. others have tapped in behind the auto lamp switch. my way was very simple. just get those blue wire taps and it's simple. yours should be the same as my 90. test the blue and red stripe wire with the parking lights on just to be sure. good luck

Back