Emergency help PLEASE

acidsurfr

I am trying to locate the solid transmission mount and the polyurethane differential bushings offered on supercoupeperformance.com. They are not answering their phone, nor are they returning my calls or email. My tranny is suppose to go back into my sc late tomorrow (Thursday) or some time friday. I can't seem to locate these parts. Need asap. any help, a part #, the manufacturer of the parts or another distributer or any other way to reach supercoupeperformance. The # i have is (513)697-6501 and i have left 3 messages in the past 4 1/2 hours.

Someone PLEASE HELP ME.
Thank you

Bill Evanoff is usually pretty good about answering messages, maybe the family is on vacation or something.

You can also try Rich Thomson at www.mn12performance.com or Paul at Blue Tongue www.bluetonguemotorsports.com or Victor Malvar at Spinning Wheels http://stores.ebay.com/Spinning-Wheels-SC_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm or Wynn at Texas Thunderbirds (tbird88) http://www.datarecall.net/~tbird88/4sale1.htm

Most of these guys show up in the banner ads on the top of each forum. Surely, one of them will get you fixed up!

I hope you have done some welding up on the chassis to take the solid tranny and engine mounts (if you use a solid tranny mount without solider-than-the tranny-mount engine mounts, you WILL break something the first time you step on the gas) otherwise you're going to crack something.

You can use aluminum washers on the diff and it will only cause vibration as there's no torque load on that part.

you won't like solid motor and tranny mounts if you have natural teeth and drive the car on a regular basis.

Take your stock mounts, make some holes in it and fill it up with 3M window weld. Best ghetto trick ever. Use saran wrap to get a nice smooth finish on them. Let it cure for at LEAST 12 hours before even touching them. 18 hours min. before installing them. If you crack the polyurethane before it is done setting, it is useless.

If you REALLY want to buy a harder tranny mount, I have a polyurethane mount for an AOD in a fox body... I'm pretty sure it will fit if you have an automatic... $20?

Last edited:
Most people just mean solid rubber mounts around here when they speak of "solid" mounts. The stockers were fluid filled and there are now solid rubber replacements.

Only a very few are running real solid metal mounts and those guys know what they are getting into! LOL

gldiii said:
Most people just mean solid rubber mounts around here when they speak of "solid" mounts. The stockers were fluid filled and there are now solid rubber replacements.

Only a very few are running real solid metal mounts and those guys know what they are getting into! LOL

If they're fluid filled, it's even easier to do the window weld trick... just pop and drain and then pump them full :eek:

You could probably do that succesfully with a new set of fluid mounts; but by the time most people get around to replacing the stock ones they are already partially collapsed and cracked. Solid rubber replacements have been very succesfull and much more durable than the fluid ones.

Back