Motor Mounts Coming Up! Please Help!

darkstar_one

Hey, well after changing my STARTER, i noticed that the right side passenger mount has kind of a fracture to it, not sure but it has a nice thick black line going vertically on it, well i also notice that at times the engine makes the whole car shake. Well needless to say im going to need new mounts soon, what are the pros and cons of using SOLID MOTOR mounts as oppose to using the OE ones. Also thinking of doing solid transmission mounts, and the ones for the REAR END, as in make the whole drivetrain, solid. Will i see a gain in performance?

what i mean is SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS, SOLID TRANSMISSION AND CROSSMEMBER MOUNTS and SOLID IRS DIFFERNETIAL BUSHINGS, from MN12PERFORMANCE, any PERFORMANCE over OE?

Last edited:
Don't think you will see any gain in performance, but if you don't change them very soon you will likely rub a hole in your sump pan & ruin the power steering pipes. All of which will require a lot of work - like lifting the engine or completely removing the sub-frame + the expense, of course. Go with the solid mounts (engine more important than trans, but both would be beneficial). See the new stock size ones on SCP, as most of the available aftermarket ones are a bit bigger in height, which makes them a little harder to install (and diminishes the under hood height for things like a 1"+ raised SC top or strut tower brace. If you look down the current Forum you'll also be able to read some usefull tips on this SOB job.

Back