Turbo time is nearing!

I have no news, but that the anticipated completion date is within 3-4 weeks off! :D Here is an example of what to expect from the kit that will be installed on the stock 3.8 SC block. (not to mention an alcohol injection system and a possible computer)
1. Every HP kit is a COMPLETE kit.

C&L ® 76mm Mass Air Meter (calibrated to the injectors) - STANDARD !!

42 lb. fuel injectors - STANDARD !!

Walbro ® 255 lph high-pressure fuel pump - STANDARD !!

3 1/2" CNC mandrel-bent downpipe - STANDARD !!

3 1/2" to 3": CNC mandrel-bent Y-pipe and connectors to stock catback - STANDARD !!

3" CNC mandrel-bent cross-over pipe - STANDARD !!

3" CNC mandrel-bent intercooler piping - STANDARD !!

Jet-Hot ® "Sterling" ceramic coating on ALL piping and headers - STANDARD !!

Stainless steel aircraft grade T-bolt clamps and V-band clamps - STANDARD !!

Jet-Hot ® ceramic coated Garrett ® Turbine housing - STANDARD !!

Tial ® billet aluminum 44mm wastegate - STANDARD !!

High-cfm electric cooling fans with wiring harness and relays - STANDARD !!

Largest custom-built aluminum 3-row intercooler available - 25" x 14" x 3½" - STANDARD !!

High-grade multi-ply silicone connectors - STANDARD !!

2. Every HP kit comes with all the tubing, hoses, clamps, fittings and fasteners required for a complete installation. The customer doesn't have to spend time and money trying to find the "little things" needed to complete an installation.

3. Every HP kit provides outstanding performance value.

4. Every HP kit contains components that are carefully matched and calibrated to produce incredible horsepower and torque gains and provide excellent driveability characteristics.

5. Every HP kit comes with the best warranty in the business - 1 year on all parts, 3 years on ceramic coatings and limited lifetime warranty on headers and all tubing components.

All of the turbo kits built by HP Performance are comprised of the very highest quality components, engineered with a passion for power, built with care and attention to detail second to none, and backed by a wealth of experience in tuning Mustangs for maximum performance and driveability. For example, HP's 60 mm turbocharger is not just an off-the-shelf turbo that you can pick up anywhere, but is a precision engineered hybrid turbo made up of carefully chosen and modified components built by HP in-house to deliver quicker spool-up and maximum power output. All HP headers and tubing are built at their facility and feature full CNC mandrel-bent 14 ga. tubing and TIG welding. HP intercoolers are also hand-built of custom components in-house, are the largest intercoolers shipped standard with any kit available, and are capable of supporting up to 1,000 hp. :D :D :D

HeHe! :D
THIS PROMISES TO BE LOTS OF FUN!

Last edited:
Frank, any word on how much this will set a person back to get ahead? Is this kit installed by HP or is it a do it yourself deal? I also have a question that I hope doesn't sound stupid. I understand that SC boost is immediate and Turbo boost has to spool up. Is the boost the same, is 10 pounds SC boost equal to 10 pounds Turbo boost?

I guess we'll have to start calling you "dirtyturbobird91"! :D

David

Testimonial!

Frank, I can assure you that HP does excellent work. At the track here in Albuquerque there are HP turbo'd cars at the strip all the time. Quick cars. See you soon Frank. :D

NCredSC said:
Is the boost the same, is 10 pounds SC boost equal to 10 pounds Turbo boost?

David

If I am correct, its something like 5 psi of supercharged boost is equal to 10lbs of turbo boost...but i love the lag, its kinda like oh, your beating me...NOT! wooooooshhhh!! :D

Stephen

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Dr Evil says....500,000,000,000,000,000 DOLLARS!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I concurr! Good deal though. Now its going to be, turbo, whipple, or that other thing Paul's been working on.

I'm under the impression that 10 psi through a turbo kit on this car would be equal to about 16-18 psi through the supercharger since the turbo isn't taking any power out of the equation like the supercharger does. So at the same boost 10 psi vs. 10 psi, the turbo will make more horsepower. It really gets discusting when you see 15 psi on the turbo vs. 15 psi through the eaton. Even sicker, try 110 octane w/ alcohol injection and about 23 psi through a turbo w/ a front mount intercooler on this car. I think the engine could take 20-23 psi from a turbo, just make sure you got the fuel system capable of not leaning it out. Franks car could go 12's on a stock bottom end, just depends on how much boost he wants to run and how sticky his tires are.

I think 345-360 rwhp is possible w/ a stock bottom end.

Last edited:
Turbo KIT

What was the esimated Cost of this kit? If I rememeber correctly i think it was like 4500.00

How are they going to oil this turbo? are they going to tap the block?

Is this going to be a DIY kit?

What are they doing as far as the restrictive stock lower SC intake?

Did the redesign an intake

Are they predicting any HP #s???

Sorry for the delay guys! I have been to the races......

I will forward this tread to Mr. Tom Berry from HP Performance in order to get you guys the most accurate answer for your questions.

All,
I think you are right on target with the guestimate as far as pricing although installation will be in the 1K range. I am told that a competant backyard mechanic can handle the job. Tuning should be performed elsewhere and HP has a list of shops nationally on their site that can handle that job. I am not going to ramble too much on this sort of questions as they will be addressed by Tom Berry shortly.
Scott Long
Is right on target with our goals and intentions.

NCredSC
I may use that as my calling card! I like the dirtyturbobird91 thingy! Also, don't worry about turbo lag because it is guaranteed not to be a factor. :cool:

SC UL8R1990
Check out the HP Performance website at www.turbochargedpower.com
This will not be a "Garrett" turbo. HP manufacters their own products from the turbo to the intercooler. :)

Conan
Stay posted for some answers soon DUDE! :D

"The Franx"

Hmmmm...

TbirdSC93 said:
what kinda testing are they gonna do to the car once the installation is complete

After installation of the turbo system is completed the car will be shipped from Roswell N. M. to Albequreqe (sp) N.M. in order to under go a dyno and tuning session. This should all be taking place in the following weeks and I will be giving you guys play by play action. :)

dirtybird91 said:
After installation of the turbo system is completed the car will be shipped from Roswell N. M. to Albequreqe (sp) N.M. in order to under go a dyno and tuning session. This should all be taking place in the following weeks and I will be giving you guys play by play action. :)
schweeeet.! Good luck with everything!!!!

dirtybird91 said:

"ALBUQUERQUE", Frank, "ALBUQUERQUE". :D I believe that's Spanish for "racing at this elevation sucks!" . ;) You going to let us Albuqyeuqeureqwe guys know the details of your car's tuning session Frank? Hope to check it out soon.

Darkside said:
"ALBUQUERQUE", Frank, "ALBUQUERQUE". :D I believe that's Spanish for "racing at this elevation sucks!" . ;) You going to let us Albuqyeuqeureqwe guys know the details of your car's tuning session Frank? Hope to check it out soon.

Chris! You are the freaken man and you know I will be getting with you soon as something happens and also you are supposed to be asking for that kitchen pass remember! :D

Hey everybody, Frank wanted me to get on here and answer a few general questions. It seems to me most sc owners are wanting a comparison between the eaton and the turbo. While the Eaton has great boost response due to its positve displacment it dead heads rather quickly and is unable to meet the volume of air required. The turbo on the other hand will loose to the blower until about 2700 RPM at this point the efficiency of the centrifical design will better the blower by being able to support the volume of air required at a wider range of boost. Since turbos are not direcly perportional to crank shaft speed they can be sized to be reponsive yet large enought to support serious power. We are excited about franks car and know he is going to love the new power. I will try to view these forums every couple of weeks, thanks for having me here take care and God bless

thanx for taking the time to respond...we know your busy. I think a lot of us are just looking forward to the "day"

Back