Mustang Headers--will they work?

SCollord90

I looked through some profiles or what not and it seems that some of you are running mustang v6 headers. I was just wondering which ones you were using (stock or aftermarket) and if they are any good for performance and eliminating back pressure.

This has been discussed so many times that you may not get many responses. Do an "advanced search" for "headers and mustang" (leave out the quote marks) and you will find a lot of information.

Some years and styles fit better than others, but all require some modification to header and possibly car to fit. None are a "bolt in" operation and many require cutting and welding to fit properly.

SCollord90 said:
Thank you I'll look at those.

I think the last couple of years of n/a V6 tbirds and cougars had those tubular manifolds, but from what all I read, they are not much of an improvement over our cast ones....

I don't remember specifics, but I would have done t when I had my cast ones off if it was recommended...

I just opened up the stock ones a bit at the collector... There's a "ridge" in there all away around. I just made if flat, and cleaned up the carbon on the pexhaust ports...

Last edited:
Back