abs acting up

twista6ontop

i have a 95 lx with the 4.6l my car will be parked in the driveway and off and you can hear some sort of pump kick on if i start the car it makes the noise sometimes and i cant push the pedal down it just vibrates. Also the abs light will come on and the traction assist will go off when it is making noise When the car is off and it make the noise it isnt the master cylinder because i put my hnd on it and it is not vibrating, but there is something behind the bumper that is vibrating.

It sounds like the ABS is cycling... Wierd. There's a short somewhere likely, cuz the car thinks it's driving when it's not. Any codes? Do you have an alarm/stereo? Did anything change just before this started happening?

thebigslide said:
It sounds like the ABS is cycling... Wierd. There's a short somewhere likely, cuz the car thinks it's driving when it's not. Any codes? Do you have an alarm/stereo? Did anything change just before this started happening?

i have a stero and the only hting that changed was i got a new paint job

i changed the drivers side wheel bearing because it was bad and the grease leaked out of the wheel bearing and was all over the abs sensor i cleaned it off and the noise is not as frequent

Back