Anyone got pics of those LX TBIRDS with body kits...

darkstar_one

hey anyone have pics of those LX t birds with the GROUND FX packages, they look bad ***. Im thinking of converting my front end and my trunk and rear lights to those kinds of style. Thanx. Btw its those T BIRDS with the THUNDERBIRD LX in cursive. Latez.

you mean the 96-97 birds with the Xenon kit. kinda getting played out now. but there isnt much to choose from i guess :)

I saw one last night on the strip. It was a dark blue, tinted windows, lowered, had some chrome 17" wheels that looked pretty nice, had a spoiler might have been factory but it looked ok, and it had a decent sounding exhaust on it. Must've been a 4.6 LX sport. It was debadged. Looked to me like the xenon kit.

I had my black SC out and I was parked up at the auto zone w/ a bunch of F-Body guys (what a bunch of stuck up pricks, what I wouldn't give to have XR-7 Dave's car, Chris Wise's car, or David Neiberts car last night, could have made some cash, fastest was a WS6 auto w/ 150 hp nitrous kit: 11.75 in the 1/4) Most were just exhaust and intake mods, or throttle body, probably low 13's, one might have been high 12's. Anyways I was hoping the tbird guy would stop, I would have liked to check out his car a little more. He drove by a few times but never stopped.

There was also a 79 Cutlass w/ a 700 hp big block, and an 87 GN w/ pro-stars and a huge turbo that runs 10.70 in the 1/4. He was trying to get one of the F-body guys to run him, but no one wanted too cuz they heard he smoked a nitrous spraying SS 6-speed w/ healthy mods, so they were scared.

Down the street there was about 10x as much ricers w/ decals, wings, big exhaust tips, and neon lights and all that other silly stuff. They wouldn't even come down to our end of the strip.

i think this is it... but of course in a white color not this STARBURST BERRY PASSION color...

i like the body kit because it makes the car look aggressive, im thinking of doing the whole kit... i like the rear bumper especially because it lets u keep the sleeper look. not those CUT-OUTs. well the only down side is the front bumper which does not have the those SIDE MARKERS on it, maybe there is one out there with side markers. Cant wait to start on it.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 987
i found the kit on ebay, its the XENON kit, pretty sweet, the problem would be NO FOG LIGHTS :(

Attachments

• xenon1.jpg
    xenon1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 258
Hey darkstar, that is a nice kit. BTW, I don't know if George would go for that Kerry/Edwards thing on your signature, since the No political theme went into effect. He might ask you to remove it.

David

yeah but someone else has a BUSH CHENEY 04 on his and i dont see anybody telling him to remove it, well i will respect and remove it. thanx.

darkstar_one said:
yeah but someone else has a BUSH CHENEY 04 on his and i dont see anybody telling him to remove it, well i will respect and remove it. thanx.

I didn't see the Bush/Cheney one. I'm sure he'll be checking them though.
I've thought about getting some of the tail lights off the trunk lid of a later bird as mine are just reflectors. More light in the back so you can be seen better has gotta be a good thing.

David

I like the 94-95 rear bumper cover and side pieces.But the 96-97 xeon front bumper cover looks the best.

My Wife has a 95 LX with the 94-95 xeon kit.She has had it on since 96 with no problems.Even held up well in a rearend collision.

Randy

Attachments

• connieback.jpg
    connieback.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 186
  • conniefront.jpg
    conniefront.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 167
  • connieside.jpg
    connieside.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
You do realize that won't fit your 91 w/o changing the front header panel, lights, and hood, and also the tail lights won't interchange to an earlier trunk, you have to get the whole trunk lid since the LED panels aren't cut straight across like the early style reflectors.

yes i do know that, i know about the whole trunk everything, its pretty obvious man. thanx anyways for letting us know.

I wasn't sure if you were aware or not since it seems like by reading this thread you want to throw a 97 body kit on a 91 car which would require some upgrades. Just trying to save headaches.

Back