245x45x18" on 9"x18" cobra Rs

Blownaway

Hi,
just wondering if anyone has tried this combo (245x45x18" on 18"x9" cobra Rs) since I"m thinking of using this setup with a 1.5" Eibach drop.
The reason being that the 245x50x17" (26.6" dia.) tire which was my first choice seems to be a bit hard to find. The 18" tire seems to come in a greater variety.
And it looks like the 18"wheel will leave lots of room for a brake upgrade later.
Wondering if Iwill have any front or rear clearance problem as far as the suspention parts.
Any help will be appeciated.
Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure about a 45 series tire,but I have 245/40 18 on a 9.5 rim, and no rub what so ever,and this is with the car lowered. Good Luck... :D Thomas

Thomas Carroll said:
I'm not sure about a 45 series tire,but I have 245/40 18 on a 9.5 rim, and no rub what so ever,and this is with the car lowered. Good Luck... :D Thomas
Thanks Thomas.
BTW, do you know the diameter of your 245/40 18" ?

Blownaway said:
Hi,
just wondering if anyone has tried this combo (245x45x18" on 18"x9" cobra Rs) since I"m thinking of using this setup.
The reason being that the 245x50x17" (26.6" dia.) tire which was my first choice seems to be a bit hard to find. The 18" tire seems to come in a greater variety.
And it looks like the 18"wheel will leave lots of room for a brake upgrade later.
Wondering if Iwill have any front or rear clearance problem as far as the suspention parts.
Any help will be appeciated.
Thanks in advance. :)

I think you are on the right track. The 245-45-18 is almost exactly the stock tire height...It depends on the brand of the tire...They all seem to vary a bit. Regardless this is the tire size I would recomend in an 18" Tire application.

Regards

Brad

Exactly the wheel/tire size I had in mind, except for the added cost. What tire are you going with? I couldn't find a decent one for under $185/ea.

talon660 said:
Exactly the wheel/tire size I had in mind, except for the added cost. What tire are you going with? I couldn't find a decent one for under $185/ea.

You got a PM...

Brad

Back