radiator fan

Ia92SUPRCUPE

I am a new member and I have a 92 SC. My fan never comes on! Are these belt driven or is it a relay or switch somewhere? Since i bought the car it was missing the idler to tention belt but the belt that came off the supercharger and the serpintine belt were in place? I will have the missing belt on today (july 11 04) will this power the fan?
Also i am looking for a new hood to fit a 92 and a front pass side corner light.
later

The very first thing that I would check would be the Fan Fuse, which is located in the high current fuse block under the hood. I don't remember which fuse it is, but your owner's manual would tell you.

-Rod

re-fan and corner lite

I live in waterloo and can help you with your problems. Also have you ran your codes? I have some extra parts for a sc and know where to get some others around here. call if you want to 961-5537 Bruce

Try spinning the fan manually, like with a screwdriver or something, to make sure it spins. It might be seized up. Do this before you replace the fuse if it's blown. A seized fan motor will cause the fuse to blow.

fan problem

The fan turns, there was no owners manual with the car when i bought it. Is the fuse for that in the box behind the drivers side headlamp?

No, I believe that box consists of only relays. Just looking at my Chiltons, & it doesn't say which one is for the fan on an '89-'93. On my '95 it's a 60 amp fuse, so I'd look at fuse J on yours. My Chiltons says that's for the ignition switch/blower motor. I think there's also a fusable link mounted on top of the crossmember.

Back