89 sc problem

scooby

i have an 89 sc i have a plley on the charger did the head gaskets and have exhaust on it when i rev it up it like cuts out at 4000 new plugs gap low for high boost its when about the charger hits 11 -12 psi and 4000 grand it cuts out!!!!!!HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scooby... Hey bud maybe we have the same problem I had just bought it one week ago...and when I floor it my engine cuts out sometimes backfires???? I can get any speed out of her, I wonder if it's the Supercharger?? I don't know I hope someone can help us!!!! without the Supercharger I'll be eat'n by Imports!!!!!no!!!

It sounds like you boys are running out of fuel. Change filter, pump, and check passenger side fram rail for smashed fuel lines. Some say you may not need a new pump but lets face it if you car is a 95 its 9 years old and if its a 89 its 15 years old. Most pumps last for 10 years. My 94 was cutting out at about 4 k and I changed a lot of parts before the pump. Now I know what it was.

could be bad gas my car did that the few times ive gotten sunoco gas out here. around 4000rpm it would choke. any other gas works fine and make sure you get some 91+ octane

olny use 93 and i will put a bigger fuel pump and look for crushed line !!!! thanks!!!! i will never loose to an import i will just hit them off the line!! no sc of mine will loose to a rice burner!!!!

could it be the damper broke and twisted enough to retard timing my 89 was always a rocket around 250 horse my damper pully broke a year ago bolt and all broke off and it quit right now , i bought a used one cheap and it lasted about 10 months but bolt didnt break it just turned enough to run like junk it would barely pull any hill now i need a bhj balancer it had around 115 k miles on the original the used one i bought only lasted around 3000 miles, the bolt seemrd loose when i tore it apart and i used loctite must not have been tight enough i was afraid to use an impact wrench to tighten it after reading posts

Back