PDA

View Full Version : Went to the track....(Again)

89_Red_Xr7
07-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Hey all, Just got back from the sat. night drags at Firebird Raceway.
Overall I had a pretty good outing and ran a new best of 14.790 @ 92.99 Mph.

R/T - .251
60' - 2.168
330' - 6.178
1/8 - 9.494
MPH - 74.54
1000' - 12.356
1/4 - 14.790
MPH - 92.99

I need to get the R/T down, and hopefully get some 2.0 60' times before i get some sticky tires. The only thing that sucks is, on that run I'm pretty sure I blew/shatterd/destroyed my 3rd gear Synchro/Blocker ring :eek: The trans didnt grind or make any strange noises on that run, so I dunno how it happened but now if I even look at 3rd gear wrong it grinds like crazy. Oh well, this just gives me more motivation to fix my rear main/clutch and throw in my other tranny and rebuild this one....... ;)

Andrew :cool:

XR7 Dave
07-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Good job! Syncro's go quick, basically what you did is rip the liner out of the brass ring. Don't allow it to grind or you will ruin the slider and those are expensive (and hard to find).

dirtybird91
07-13-2004, 12:09 PM
I have to give a lot of credit to you guys that go fast in the manual transmission cars. :cool: It takes a lot more driver technique, skill and dedication to be consistant and fast both. Good luck man! :)

89_Red_Xr7
07-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Good job! Syncro's go quick, basically what you did is rip the liner out of the brass ring. Don't allow it to grind or you will ruin the slider and those are expensive (and hard to find).

Thanks! It did'nt take long at all before I realized that 3rd gear is pretty much useless, so I'm avoiding it totally for the time being until I Have the time/funds to do the tranny. swap. :(

I have to give a lot of credit to you guys that go fast in the manual transmission cars. It takes a lot more driver technique, skill and dedication to be consistant and fast both. Good luck man!

Thanks!, It is fun to bang the gears down the track! But sometimes I wish i had an auto so i could be more consistent, my times will usually fluctuate as much as .3 between runs! But I am getting better at closing that gap.
I just cant wait to see some times on that Turbo monster! :D

Andrew :cool:

mfewtrail
07-15-2004, 12:51 AM
Nice run, you could probably drop that time some more soon as fall rolls around and brings some cooler weather w/ it. I know it's gotta be hot there if it's in the mid 90's here in GA(was supposed to feel like 110 yesterday, I believe that was the heat index here..it was pretty hot, glad I didn't drive my old truck w/ no ac :eek: ).