Spare motor ....

thumphed

I have an entire SC motor on a stand right now .... i would like everything ported, opened up, better breathing, but i want to use all the stock equip ... minus exhaust ... and of course a raised top will be in the mix as well ... which will be in hand before port work is done ... how much should i expect to pay for this? i'm not wanting to go buy a whole motor, i have one ... and of course a raised top will be in the mix as well ... project motor .... i have two completes, and one long block .... i think i can spare it if something goes wrong ...

Last edited:
IF your not doing a complete rebuild, at least change out the rod bearings and inpect the pistons.

You'll get more power from a cam and ported heads swap. Alot easier to do while the engine is on a stand.

cougarsc said:
IF your not doing a complete rebuild, at least change out the rod bearings and inpect the pistons.

You'll get more power from a cam and ported heads swap. Alot easier to do while the engine is on a stand.

oh, i'm doing a COMPLETE rebuild ... everything .... blower, motor, tranny, yada yada yada .... for my mustang ... toying with idea of trying to find 4.2 forged internals, custom grind cam, and a 'stock' look ... all out done-up, however TOTALLY sleeper ....

Back