Ford Focus Intake for SC

WickedBird

I know several people have used the "CAI" setups for the ford focus on there SC's. I believe it needs to be from a SOHC but i need to know what years work.

hocus pocus focus

I just bought a Focus intake off ebay and when I told the seller it was for a Thunderbird SC and not a Focus, he didn't want to sell it to me. I told him I knew it wasn't made for my car, but it could be made to work and that others on here were using the same intake. He told me he would sell it under the conditions that I had been told it wasn't for my car and that I could not return it for a refund. Some people? The seller was Hiprospeed.

David

Anyone know which one is the best deal?

I'm in the market and I looked through like 5 pages of auctions.

Any recommendations?

Bill McNeil said:
Anyone know which one is the best deal?

I'm in the market and I looked through like 5 pages of auctions.

Any recommendations?

i didnt have much luck....they all seem to small....I emailed a couple while back...either they were real smal diameter or they didnt know.

I have one on my car and it seems to work great, I just went out and checked the inside opening and it was 2-7/8 inch. Almost 3inch CAI for $29.00 +tax & shipping came to like $47.00 not a bad deal considering almost every mod no matter how small is big bucks!

intake

Jake said:
I have one on my car and it seems to work great, I just went out and checked the inside opening and it was 2-7/8 inch. Almost 3inch CAI for $29.00 +tax & shipping came to like $47.00 not a bad deal considering almost every mod no matter how small is big bucks!

Jake,
Was this the short ram intake for the Focus.I have searched the adds and all I can come up with that even looks remotely like it would work is the Focus SOHC short ram intake. Can you tell me the seller.

I bought the SHOC one. I don't remember the guy I bought it from but he had like 50 listed. I guess I got lucky I thought they were all the same. If you click on my name then (all threads by Jake) go until you see one that says New et's good and bad. I have a pic in there of the intake tube.

Last edited:
The one I got said it was a boomz intake and it said it is 3" diameter. It was $20 buy it now and $15 for shipping. :D

David

I'm also running the sohc focus intake with a 90 degree elbow (from lowes) to mount the filter in my fenderwell. when i bought mine it was around 47 bucks for the kit, 10 for the elbow and 10 for another rubber connector. all pics can be found in my 'www' link.

Here's a pic of mine installed. Got it off ebay from seller autobacs1:

FOCUS 00-03 LX/SE SOHC AIR INTAKE SYSTEM

It's very close to 3" diameter.

eng2.jpg

joenintiesc said:
Here's a pic of mine installed. Got it off ebay from seller autobacs1:

FOCUS 00-03 LX/SE SOHC AIR INTAKE SYSTEM

It's very close to 3" diameter.

eng2.jpg

What did you use on the MAF end to connect it up? Where do you find rubber pipe that size??? is that at Home Depot by the elbows?

sizemoremk said:
What did you use on the MAF end to connect it up? Where do you find rubber pipe that size??? is that at Home Depot by the elbows?

Yeah, the filter side of the maf is larger than the throttle body side and I don't think a regular coupler will fit. Where did you get that?

David

The maf to lower intake (into fender well) coupler was part of the Densecharger CAI kit. The maf to intake tube coupler came with the the Focus CAI kit. For the intake tube to tb, I just cut the top of the stock tube off...

there seems to be mixed reviews as to the mounting location of the MAF. I am planning on mounting my filter behind the fender in place of the air silencer and the MAF directly above it in the engine bay. Then a 90 would connect to the other pipe and to the TB. Is that an ok mounting point for the MAF?

Back