Alleluia! My fuel pump not working,replaced dash board problem is fixed!

metalman

Damn I'm a happy dude. I knew the problem would be some simple bs. The freakin' harness to the PCM was loose! :eek: The only reason I never thought to check that is because I never touched the PCM. Ya don't need to disconnect it to take the dashboard out. I disconnecte all the other harnesses over there. I'm guessing the car was worked on by a previous owner/mechanic and they never tighten the bolt on the harness, so when I go messing w/ all the other stuff over there, it made the harness come loose from the PCM, hence my horn not working, the radiator fan blowing, and the A/C controls only blowing through the defrost ducts, as well as my fuel pump not working.

So, after about a week of research, Hanyes manual, Ford manual, Ford electric and vacuum manual, library, Mitchell's schematics, and you guys, I started diliberately tracing the system. Continuity and voltage test from point A to B, B to C and so on. I jump started the Fuel Pump by sticking a wire in the diagnostic hook up (Fp port) and the other end grounded. Damn if the pump didn't kick on. So then we started to trace the wiring from the PCM and found the bolt loose as a goose and the harness almost off.

So, thanks for you help guys. I learned ALOT about the wiring of my car. And a dashboard swap isn't a hard thing, so long as you connect every harness :D

BUT, then while my car was kickin' over from the first time in 3 weeks or so, I started seeing my windshield fog up and my passenger carpet was getting soaked in coolant :mad: I had a loose inlet hose on the heater core and it was spewing it through the grommet and filling up my heater core box and dripping onto my carpet. So tomorrow I'll be blowing it out and sopping up and Bisselling the carpet.

If it's not one thing, it's another. :rolleyes:

Thanks again all,

Metalman

Glad to hear you got it figured out and that it wasn't anything serious. Now, good luck with that drip.

David

Back