Which Calipers were Dual Piston?

R

RPG1120

Which Calipers were Dual Piston?

I have heard some stock calipers came with dual pistons. Is this true and what do I need to look for?
Thanks, Rod
rpg1120@aol.com

Re: Which Calipers were Dual Piston?

cobra calipes came with dual pistons. go to tccoa.com and see if they have a tech article regarding breaks. i believe you will need to upgrade to a 17" rim though. i guess PBR also makes a two piston caliper and with 13" KVR rotors they will fit a 16" wheel if you can use SC wheels for your class. www.supercoupeperformance.com/ look at suspension and brake package #4. theri prices are high so just find out what they use and buy the parts seperately. they claim it will fit in a stock 16" wheel, I question that.

Maybe I will not be able to use the dual piston calipers if that is the case. We are limited to 15" steel racing type wheels. Someone told me about a stock dual piston type caliper and I was hopeful.
Thanks for the info, just trying to get the best of the OEM parts to use in the building of this racecar.

Dual piston Calipers are standard on all '99 and up Mustangs, i think mostly the GT's, but i think the V6's have them too.. also they use the stock 10.8" rotors, ect.. Would they clear a 15" rim? i wouldn't know...

Back