Trunk lights

ThunderDave

Are there any year Thunderbird trunk lights that will fit on my 91, that have the red at the bottom and not the black strip? Mine has just the reflectors and I'd like to put the lights on it if I can find some. I've seen some LXs that had them with the red at the bottom with no LX markings on it, but not sure what year they were.

Thanks,

David

The stock SC tailights from 89-91 don't have the black stripe on them and will fit your car. I thought all the LXs had the black stripe in those years.

None of those years light up on the trunk lid. The LEDs started in 92, but require a newer trunk lid to fit them. I have the 92 lights on my 89.

Yeah George, mine don't light up, they are just reflectors. I like the way the LEDs look, so I'd have to get a 92 or newer trunk lid to be able to make the swap?

Thanks,

David

That is correct. You will also want to get the 92-up taillights (in each fender) as they have a slightly different shape than the early lights. The trunk lid just bolts on. You only have to run additiona wiring for the LEDs. I believe we were able to tap into the wiring for license plate lights.

Hmmmmm? I'm buying a trunk lid of a 90 to go on mine because mine has a spoiler and I want the stock look. The trunk lid on mine has holes drilled in it to mount the spoiler. So if I do go with the LEDs, it will be a while. Should have thought ahead :rolleyes: Thanks for the info George. I'll keep that in mind when I get ready to do it.

David

Back