Weird AC problem

cuda99

I am in a bit of a situation, I was just called up in the reserves and I have been stationed in humid, hot Ft. Benning GA for about the past 2 months. My 94 SC 5-speed has been blowing ice cold air for as long as I have had it with no problems what so ever. It has shown no signs of leakage and the compressor has never pulsed like it was low on freon. Anyway I was driving all morning with cold air, and then in the afternoon I get in it and nothing, no compressor, nothing. I checked it out and found two fuses blown in the power distrobution box a 30 and a 60. Well I don't have any of my tools here or my Ford manual. I am assuming that these fuses deal with my AC because nothing else is malfunctioning. I took the box of and found that the wire to the 60 fuse is shorted and exposed. The #'s are 5FL and I6FL.

I guess what I am asking is what these wires are and what could have possibly caused them to short. I am really in a predicament I work about 18hrs a day and it is blazing hot I have access to an auto craft shop and I will try to find out what is wrong but I would like to at least have a heads up.

Thanks for your help

Back