89 sc trade for running car

89importeater

Hey guys,

Well i found out today that my sc prob has blown hg. Took it to my mechanic today and he did some sort of gas test on the radiator and i guess it told him that my hg's are blown. It runs fine and doesnt smoke. Overheats though. Well ne ways this was my daily driver and my girl starts school tomorrow so she needs our other car. So what im getting at is that i need a running car. I dont really car what it is as long as it runs and can make a 50 mile trip to work every day. I will trade my sc and can come up with a little cash if i need to. Any help would be great. Im in a real bind here and yall have always been really helpful in the past so that is why im asking here. Hope to hear from yall soon.

Mike

727-687-8787 feel free to give me a call

Believe it or not!!

theres a sealer out there (Bars leak) and i swear by it .It looks like rat turds in molasas lol. But it works very good Try some of it in your super coupe ive used it before and it lasted two yrs on a bad head gasket ,Then I sold the the car and it is still working to this day and i put it about 3 1/2 yrs ago.It was on a small block chevy with high compression so it does withstand the compression well. Its like 5 bucks a can.. Cant hurt give it a try.

89 SC 5spd
76 corvette
84corvette
87 corvette
70 GT torino

If you take the radiater {sp?} cap off, let if run for a half hour. if it shoots out like a gaizer {sp} then you got a blown head gasket. To me, it sounds like your water pump is shot.

But then again, i maybe wrong. just trying to help

No, same thing happend to me. Check under your car and see if you have any leaks before you get rid of it. And look for the usual signs of a blown hg's.

thanks for your replys but the car was already traded off. Turns it a bad heater core was the culprit. Caused the enginge to overheat and pop the hg's. I now have a 89 5spd with only 80,000 on it. Hope that the hg's last for a while.

MIke

The heater core in my truck is blown, my truck still runs. I put over 4,000miles on it since the heater core blew.

Back