A.C. or no A.C.

tim

I cant decide if i should pull off my a.c. or not the compressor went out and I really need to figure if its worth keeping. lots of money to fix, how much power will I pick up if I pull it all off?

The only power is gained from the weight savings, and maybe you will see an increase in cooling with no condensor in front. Plus working on the SC is alot easier w/o the a/c compressor and lines.

Also bring an extra T-shirt, you will need to change it everytime you drive.

Tim, did the compressor scatter debris throughout the system? If not you can just get another compressor for $25 or so.

If you don't have AC then it officially becomes a race car. :D

It will rev a little quicker not having to spin the extra wheels. That AC compressor wheel is pretty heavy.

Dave nope it just popped the relief valve and locked up. Is the fan supposed to come on when the air is on? It never comes on in traffic with the air off. The engine never gets hot at all. :)

If it did not scatter debris then all you need is another compressor. I have good ones here that I could send you for pretty cheap. The fan comes on with the AC but only if the system is charged. Are you sure the fan is working? It is possible that the fan wasn't working which would have caused an overpressure condition.... is the compressor still locked up or does it spin now? I've had that happen to me before if the AC is running but the fan malfunctions.

Back