CODE 82 & 33

cougarxr7

So far I've replaced the IAC, DIS, Cam Sensor, Coil Pack, EGR Valve.
I'm still having problems. I still get the codes 28 & 33.
Sometimes it run like the Power Plant it was built to be but then it does not want to Idle. I have been a SC owner since 98 and have 2 of then but I 've never ran across this before!!
Sometimes at a stop it will die but then restarting it seems to reset whatever is failing!
Any ideas guys? Thanks
Cougarxr7

Yes, just replaced it! All good there! Still why can't I get rid of theses codes? Bad new parts? Wierd just Wierd! Twilight Zone of SC

Code 33 points to the silicone hose from the EGR pipe to the EGR transducer. Its either missing or unplugged.
82 or 28?
Good luck

Don't find a 28, but 82 = Supercharger bypass solenoid circuit failure.

Errr.. ummm.. I didn't know we had one of those :eek: but the bypass valve, which I thought was controlled by air pressure, has a history of sticking.

Last edited:
From your list of problems, its mostly vacuum lines mssing or unplugged. Follow every vacuum line you can find from end to end, with your fingers to make sure its not cracked or melted on the back side, and fix them all. Start with the PCV and be sure to do the 1 on the bottom of the intake.
Right now it will detonate (sputter, ping) in boost and must be running real bad. Good luck

1. OK, Very simple with SCT chip I get Code 82 (m.switch set @ position 0)

2. Clear memory,
Remove chip, REMOVES Code 82. [By removing the SCT chip, I NO longer get Code 82.]

3. Clear memory,
with chip, SET to position 4 (which is OEM program) REMOVES Code 82

4. Reinstall SCT chip I get Code 82 (m.switch set @ position 1)

5. Remove chip and then no Code 82.

Back