New Member, Long Time Owner

1HUMINBIRD

I know this is not technical but...

I am a new member, but a long time SC owner. Bought my Titanium '89 SC new. It is still stock, with a 5-speed and grey interior. I have owned many cars and trucks, but this one is special to me for some reason. So much so that I have only accumulated 25,000 miles in the past (almost) 15 years. The past two years straight, it has been in storage. It looks, runs, smells, etc. just like it did back in '89. I finally had to replace the tires (and belts, etc.) due to storage and not wear.

From reading the threads posted, I am thinking about changing the resonator (and possibly the mid pipe). Any suggestions on a good sounding, free flowing resonator?

This is an awesome website. Almost too interesting. The help and knowledge conveyed here is great.

Thanks for your time and have a great day. :)

Hey Welcome!..

In 89 I was drooling over myself about owning a SC...

The way to go is with 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch downpipes from manifolds into high flow cats. Then to a Magnaflow resonator two in one out with the outlet being a single 2 1/2 or 3 inch depending on which route you go. Then split it back at the endvia a flowmaster y pipe into two Dynomax Super turbo mufflers or Borla XS mufflers.

This is about the mellowest sound you can get while still gaining a free flowing exhaust

You can also have the outlet of your manifolds ported for increased flow.

You can also install a 93 and newer Tbird gas tank and run a dual setup. The 93 an dup tank allows a better routing of the exhaust..

Any questions..GOOD LUCK!@

Welcome.. Its good to hear that ther are people (that are not aware of the club) that stilll preserve the SC... :) :) by the way, do you have any pics of it ??? I also remember in 89 i wanted an SC sooooooooo bad all the way until 95 when they still made them.. since i couldn't afford one, i would just visit Ford dealers and test drive them.. heheheheheheh :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for your responses.

Regarding the preservation of the SC...Until I found this website, I thought I was the only one that really had an affection for these cars. Actually, until I brought it out of storage and started driving it again (and found this website), I was thinking about selling it since I have too many toys. But this website really helped change my mind! :cool:

I have pictures, just no digital pictures...yet. I could scan and attach some of the regular photos.

Have a great day SC/XR7 owners!!

My first SC was an '89 Black with Grey leather interior, 5 speed. Bought it with 27,000 miles on it and drove it til it had 265,000 miles were on it, then sold it. :( (It's still going).
I've got a white '90 5 speed now. :)

If you're looking for fast and simple, the Magnaflow Resonator recommended above could just be done.

If you want to do it once and not mess with it again, the new down pipes with cats resonator, and mufflers is a good solution. With such a change you likely wouldn't need to worry about exhaust regardless of what you did to increase power for a long time.

If you're going to continue to store with minimal driving, investing in a stainless steel exhaust solution would be a good investment.

I noticed some Ohio SCCoA members from areas near me (North Canton, Ohio). If anyone in the North East Ohio area reads this thread...where do you get your custom SuperCoupe exhaust work done? I have tried a number of the "Magnaflow" dealers local to my zip code and they certainly don't want to do the work. :mad: (National Muffler in Canton :mad: ) Their attitude sucks.

So, if you are from Cleveland, Akron, Medina, Barberton, Canton, etc., where is a good place to get custom exhaust work as recommended above, done?

Thanks again!

Back