Custom Hypereutectic ?

Eutectic Crap!!!!!!!!!!!

blksc said:
Does anyone know if i can order a custom set of Hyper pistons ?
Why in the world would you want a hypereutectic piston? Do yourself a favor & look up eutectic in the dictionary!!!!!! Ford didn't put those pistons in engines because they are Good, they put them in cuz they they are the cheapest pistons avail.

68COUGAR

Actually Ford used them because they dont expand and contract nearly as much as a Forged piston does...Thus tighter clearances and less complaints about piston slap noise

I was thinking about going with aftermarket hypers because i felt that my power range would be within the tolerances of the pistons.

I'm sure you will be fine with power levels up to 400rwhp. I'd just use a stock replacement piston unless you plan on using nitrous. I'd be more worried about the rods than the pistons.

Problem is that i am thinking about going with an aftermarket rod to make sure the bottom end is strong. I was tettering on the idea of just polishing the beams off my stock rods and equiping them with ARP hardware so i can run a stock length rod.

Any comments on how much abuse a stock rod can take with these mods

Beam polished off, rods shot peened, and arp hardware. I have heard they'll take 500HP and below.

If you are going to replace the rods you will have to rebalance the motor and if you are going to that work and expense it would be silly not to put forged pistons in as well. Personally, unless you are sure you are going to exceed 400rwhp or you are going to run nitrous, then just leave it alone.

Realistically speaking, if the cost of forged pistons are causing your wallet stress then there is no way you are going to be able to afford the supporting mods to overrun the stock parts. :cool:

XR7, I thought about using hyper's only because i wanted to put that money towards some other mod since i dont expect to have power levels much higher than what you listed. Its not a money issue, its just about using the money wisely, although overbuilding the bottom end will probably be the best. I have already order my heads cc'd for the custom pistons.

blksc said:
XR7, I thought about using hyper's only because i wanted to put that money towards some other mod since i dont expect to have power levels much higher than what you listed. Its not a money issue, its just about using the money wisely, although overbuilding the bottom end will probably be the best. I have already order my heads cc'd for the custom pistons.

Well, that is my point. The stock parts are more than capable of handling a moderate amount of HP. There is no reason to modify any of it unless you plan to exceed 400rwhp or use nitrous. In either of those cases you should not be looking for places to save money.

People "want" all kinds of things, but what is needed is often a different story. If you WANT a stronger bottom end then why only do half the job? If you are spending money on rods then you need to spend money on pistons also.

You don't NEED a stronger bottom end unless you plan to use nitrous or exceed 400rwhp. Having a "stronger" bottom end won't save the motor from abuse or bad tuning. There are several members who spent a lot of money on forged parts who can attest to what I am saying. There is no substitute for a good tune and knowing your limits. :)

Sorry if I sounded rude, I didn't mean it that way.

:)

Dave, you can be rude all you want if you continue to give great advice!

Geesus christ 400 at the wheels is awesome amount of power that the stock internals can handle. I dont see myself reaching anything above that so i will rebuild the stock rods(shot peening, polishing beams, arp wave-loc) and going with replacement piston..

Now do any of the aftermarket hyper companies make a piston for our cars ?

Back