confused??

tim

I just went to the local tire store and now I am more confused than ever. He told me that I cant run and drag raddial on my stock rim and wanted to sell me $200 a piece rims. I like the stock rims. What drag radial size and brand will work best? The car is mostly street driven with a trip to the track when I get a chance. It wont be driven in the winter at all. Thanks Tim

tim said:
I just went to the local tire store and now I am more confused than ever. He told me that I cant run and drag raddial on my stock rim and wanted to sell me $200 a piece rims. I like the stock rims. What drag radial size and brand will work best? The car is mostly street driven with a trip to the track when I get a chance. It wont be driven in the winter at all. Thanks Tim

I run 255/50/16s BFG drag radials on my stock rims. The Nitto 245/50/16s will work too.

MT ET street 10.5 26 16s also fit and are great strip tires.

The tire guy is probably just looking in a book that has a recommended rim width other that the rim width listed for the stock SC wheel. Try to tell him that we do it all the time and it will work without making it sound like your telling him that he's an idiot and should be saying "good morning, welcome to Wal Mart".

M/T ET street radials

The Mickey ET Street radials should be on the market soon too. Stock rims are 7 inches wide and that is the smallest approved width for a 255/50R16. I would forget that dealer, call Jegs or Summit check for a local M/T dealer. Maybe he was looking at a book listing stock N/A T-bird rims which would only be a 6 or 6.5"

www.mickeythompsontires.com

Definatly contact Jegs. They are good people over there. I should know, I worked there. If you are local or just stopping by Jegs will even install them for you.

Shane

Thanks guys for all the input. Which of the bunch will work on the street best? I willbe running it at the tranck as much as possible but it has to be somewhat streetable. Thanks again Tim

I wouldn't run any of those tires on the street. Yes you can, but I wouldn't. If I were you, I would buy two extra SC wheels and put the tires on them.

Shane

Nitto's are best for the street. They will last you a long time. Just be cautious in the rain. :D

Back