Problem with Acceleration please read!!

Gregssc

Can someone please tell me what the problem may be........
I had just bought an '89 SC and the engine idles fine and in park I can rev it up to the red line no problem, but when in drive if I floor it at around 3000rpm it cuts out and bucks, sometimes the enigine will quit? so does that mean it is the Super Charger or the Transsmision? and another problem all of my gages ie. ABS,Battery,Firmride,Parking brake etc are on all of the time like something has shortend out. as well as my SC tach does not move and it makes a little hissing noise, I give up I don't know, I hope it is something small to fix. anyway's give me your thought's it would be greatfull...
Thanks.

Gregssc said:
Can someone please tell me what the problem may be........
I had just bought an '89 SC and the engine idles fine and in park I can rev it up to the red line no problem, but when in drive if I floor it at around 3000rpm it cuts out and bucks, sometimes the enigine will quit? so does that mean it is the Super Charger or the Transsmision? and another problem all of my gages ie. ABS,Battery,Firmride,Parking brake etc are on all of the time like something has shortend out. as well as my SC tach does not move and it makes a little hissing noise, I give up I don't know, I hope it is something small to fix. anyway's give me your thought's it would be greatfull...
Thanks.

You may want to look at your fuse box for the two fuses that pretain to the instrument cluster. The hissing sound is probably the vac hose behind the cluster that connects to the boost gauge. If it is completely disconnected than the gauge wont work at all. So it looks like you need to remove the instrument cluster.

Now the very next thing that I would do would be to get a code scanner and scan for any codes. If your car is shutting down at 3000rpm I am almost possitive there has to be some codes on that thing. You may get lucky and one of the codes may fix your problem, but if it is a short than it will be a little harder

Good Luck!
Shane

Try a fuel filter, it is alway a good idea, and one time I had a really violent bucking problem in up in the RPM range under load, and after chaning out the filter, I've never had it appen again in more than 2 years... I first thought it might have been a transmission problem.

As far as the hissing, it ma be your guage isn't hooked up, the boost is the only guage that is not electronic. The hose plugs into the back of it, and it can be kind of a pain to get to it. You just need to take off your trim around the instument pannel, and then there are some torx or allen screws, can't remember which, and you can take it right out.

Good luck!

Back