Awful exhaust smell

SC UL8R1990

I filled up my SC a couple days ago with 93 from another gas station i dont normally go to. I usually only run 94 sunoco but i found 93 octane at 1.88! Anyways, the sc seems to be running fine however, the exhaust smells really wierd all of a sudden. It smeels like really funky gas. It doesnt smoke at all. It just smells really wierd. I got close up to me tailpipes and smelled, it was very potent.

I then checked the coolant via the radiator cap to see if there was any oil residue. Looked clean,green, and clear. I was thinking maybe the headgasket was slowly leaking and causing the smell from the exhaust.

Any possibilities? can foul plugs and wires do this?

thanks

Any chance you might've gotten Ethanol, or whatever that stuff is called, from the unfamiliar gas station?

do you have cats? cuz if you do ur cats might be dying on you... hey man thats cheap 93 octane for 1.88... lucky punk...

here in california around the corner from my house the gas is

87 OCTANE - $2.09
89 OCTANE - $2.17
91 OCTANE - $2.25
DIESEL - $1.99

and thats nothing... thats the only gas station were i have seen the gas that low... others still are around the 20-85 cents higher.

ethanol

SC UL8R1990 said:

thats an additive that some gas companies put in their gas to raise the octane and keep prices down. you should the gas station if they use it. it also might say it on the pump somewhere. if so, try to avoid getting anymore of that gas. i've heard its not too good for the sc.

darn it, i knew i should just stick with sunoco. ill see how it goes after i get through this tank of gas. :mad:

Back