just for billson

K

Kick Ass Kolenc

just for billson

sorry i don't have pics of the shiznit installed but i got my speakers yesterday, i'll have em installed fri morn. Maybe they'll be able to figure out whats wrong with my eclipse speakers and why they don't give any treble out ever now...they give a bit, but they're messed, doesn't sound good, i don't like listening to em! but yeah, fri morn, i'll have thems in the back and hopefully workin, and these speakers below installed in the doors somewhere.

Speaker-top-view.JPG

speaker-sideview.JPG

speaker-connectors.JPG

crossover-1.JPG

Crossover-2.JPG

hopefully those all work, there's the speaker and the cross over, there's also a tweeter but it's nothign exciting to look at, 1 inch cross and out..and yeah.

Re: just for billson

Just a quick thought, Scott, re the missing treble:
Check wiring polarity.... Usually switched wires
produce little if any treble...hope that's all it is!

hmm could try that...the weird thing is...before i had it, and it'd kick out when too loud...then it kinda stopped and never really came back, i rewired it...and still nothing and i thought maybe this was how it always sounded...but for like 3 seconds the other day it kicked in...and i was like sweet, then it kicked back out, doh. Ahh well i'm sure the real stereo people can figure it out, or so i hope. hehe.

I just finished installing my Audiobahn door speakers, and so far they sound prety good!

ya...turns out, my eclipse 5x7's had blown tweeters which is why they sounded like @#%$. The concepts i was going to install almost got installed till he tested em to find out, one 6.5 round didn't work for whatever reason. THey worked before they were shipped so hmm i dunno. Anyways...i wasn't going with no speakers...so i ended up with some memphis 5x7s in the doors for now and nothing in the back still, but it sounds alright i think. Way better than before. When i go back home...in may, i'll get something done in the back. Maybe just 5x7's again as i dunno how much of a diff components will make, i'm not pushin that much power.

Re: Don't give up: Moses was once a basket case !

Hey, Scott, canvass your local audio outlets there
then, and find demo and/or 2nd hand deals: They
usually on occassion throw stuff on a table to
get rid of stuff (for whatever reason) and someone
like you then benefits big time....saves buying new!
That way you can finish the sys off!!!!!
Without the rears, your sys is giving your ears only
something like 50% satisfaction without you even
knowing it...lol! Hope that makes sense???

Re: Don't give up: Moses was once a basket case !

ahh i'm going home in like umm may 25ish....so i've got about 160worth of speakers to my name...so i can grab whatever for the rears or get something for the fronts....or those are pretty well my only options, another amp n sub is too expensive...and same with a deck

Back