supercharger makes noise

Ia92SUPRCUPE

This happens whenever i drive my 92 SC and then shut the motor off. After i shut the motor off and the boost gauge starts to go back to 0 , i hear a low-toned moan type noise comming from the supercharger. I finally just installed the idler tentioner belt that actually runs the superchargera few days ago, but it also did it before. when i bought the car the guy i bought it from said there was a clog or something like that in there but said it was still putting out max power. any thoughts or ideas?

i dont think it's your supercharger, i have a low moan when i shut my car off, i thought it was the brakes.?

i have the moan too... is it like a goose dying with that MOAAAAN... or is it like a regular moan. cuz if its like the goose dying then your IAC maybe kick the bucket soon. let us know more info.

not sure

im not sure what the difference is between a
"normal" moan and a "dying goose" moan. if i had to guess i would say mabey dying goose... i dont know..... whats the IAC?

no the fuel filters are all on the passenger side undercarriage...

the goose sound is just like u know how a goose makes a noise..??? yeah well if its that then its ur IAC thats gonna kick the bucket... its on the throttle body. it controls the IDLE.

Try this. Just after you shut off your car. Watch the Vac/Boost gauge. Does the sound stop when the needle gets back to the "0" point? Think about it. A car runs under a vacuum. When you shut it off, the pressure will equal itself out. Usually through the IAC or even through the smallest of areas (ie the throttle blade).

Just for kicks, after you shut off the engine...step on the throttle and the sound goes away alot faster (it equals the pressure out alot faster).

re- iac

I'll be replacing mine this week it starts out like what your saying and when it goes bad your car idles at 1500 to 2000 rpm mine just started doing this a couple of days ago!

Your IAC is going out. Air is going back through the IAC on engine shut down when it should be going through the PVC system. When the engine is shut off the IAC should be closed and air should not be able to go through there.

Jerry

replace it with a genuine one from FORD, if u want i have a spare one lying around in nice condition, PM ME so i can give u the details...

Back