am I missing a motor mount bolt??

cato

water pump went bad, and since I was gonna have a good bit of stuff already off on that side of the motor, I figured I'd go ahead and see about doing the driver side mount. when I got there it looks like I"m missing a bolt, can anyone tell me if I'm right??

mount.jpg

although i could be wrong, isnt that the bracket where the lower IC tube bolts to? Its hard to tell from that angle.

no its not, that whole bracket is gone, thats the exhaust manifold at the top, I can uncrop and repost the whole picture so you can get a better perspective

There is an extra bolt on the driver's side lower bracket which holds it to the frame. Looks like yours may be missing, but I'm not sure I'd sweat it. Its a common size so any similar bolt should work.

Yep, the bolt is missing. Because that is the side of the engine that sees the highest levels of torque, that bracket extends onto the K member further than the passenger side mount and is fastened with an additional bolt.

I'd try and throw one in there if you can get at it easy or if you tend to do things that torque the engine. i.e. drag race.

Back