New intercooler or relocated stock?

SCollord90

Right now I have access to some intercoolers for a good price and I am not sure whether I should switch to another and relocate it or just relocate my stock one. Is the stock one (when relocated somewhere in front of the radiator) as effective as say an Isuzu commercial truck aluminum intercooler that is maybe a little bigger? Or do you think I should just move mine? I'd appreciate any input.

SCollord90 said:
Right now I have access to some intercoolers for a good price and I am not sure whether I should switch to another and relocate it or just relocate my stock one. Is the stock one (when relocated somewhere in front of the radiator) as effective as say an Isuzu commercial truck aluminum intercooler that is maybe a little bigger? Or do you think I should just move mine? I'd appreciate any input.

If you type in FMIC in the seach engine you will find some examples of guys who have fabricated Front Mount Intercoolers. They are in a better location in front of the radiator but there are lots of problems running pipes also a single stock IC doesnt flow as well as an aftermarket one or two ICs welded together. I have built one and it is not easy to do it and get it right, but it is doable with good planning and some fabrication skills

I did the search and it didn't really yeild the greatest of results but I did see your post on your FMIC. I think I'm at the point where I just need to figure out exactly what intercooler I'm going to use, I wasn't too impressed with the Isuzu ones. From what I've been reading it seems that I need one designed for high flowing higher displacement engines. Have any ideas what or where I could get a good one affordably?

SCollord90 said:
I did the search and it didn't really yeild the greatest of results but I did see your post on your FMIC. I think I'm at the point where I just need to figure out exactly what intercooler I'm going to use, I wasn't too impressed with the Isuzu ones. From what I've been reading it seems that I need one designed for high flowing higher displacement engines. Have any ideas what or where I could get a good one affordably?

There is a recent post called Custom Intercooler pipes. Check that out also go to parts for sale. Fast Freddie has Dbl Intercoolers for sale. Stacked and side by side.

Back