93 boost gauge stopped working all of the sudden. Need help ASAP!

hellakornhaus

Hello, I am Scott Kornhaus; a newbie on SCCoA but a regular on TCCoA (GA chapter director actually).

Okay, on the way home tonight, I was passing a car (or two) and got up to a pretty good speed and thought I should SLOW down, so I did. Anyway, when I looked down, I noticed my boost gauge wasn't working AT ALL (no vaccum/no boost). It was stuck dead on "0". Could I have blown a hose or something?

The car still runs fine. Has great pick up still, and isn't making any funny noise (just the usually whinning of the supercharger).

I would really appreciate a responce tonight. I am probably not going to be able to sleep tonight, unless I figure out what it is.

Thank you!

-Kornhaus

The vacuum line probably came off the return adapter. Look or feel around at the back of the return adapter that feeds the intake for a little vacuum nipple with or without a line attached to it. If no line is atached there is your problem and the line should be close by.
If it is still attached it probably came loose from the back of the gauge. To fix this you will need to pull out the cluster a few inches to put it back on.

It really has to be those 2 things or the actual vacuum line might be broken. It is strictly a mechanical gauge.
Hope this helps.

Back