can someone help me understand this...

darkstar_one

ok i have some exhaust manifolds from a 89 LX, will it work correctly on a SC? the 02 sensors are on the exhaust manifolds, but it says on SCs the one on the left is on the manifold and the one on the right is on the down tube, will it work correctly?

Exhaust Manifold:

These to were redesigned for the SC version. Each side houses a Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen sensor (HEGO). The use of the HEGO allows accurate sensing of O2 level in a lower temperature exhaust gas (200C- 392F) when compared to a EGO (unheated) sensor. On the SC the HEGO sensor on the right side is located in the exhaust pipe just downstream from the exhaust manifold for that side. On the left side the HEGO is located in the exhaust manifold itself.

um ..what is the question..
Are LX's O2 sensor different?/ how many wires run off the 02 sensor or go to fordparts.com and cross referance the part#s

Will they fit? [manifolds] yes but not to sure on the egr setup and think the tube for the n/a is a little longer .. but that is only 1989 XR7's and SC's and only 1990 XR'7 and 90 up SCs with 5 speeds

Does location of the O2 sensor matter ?being in the manifold or not/ask anyone with headers

just not to sure what you are asking ...dave

oh ok sorry, what im asking is

do the SC's have the right passenger side O2 sensor on the down tub or the manifold? i have a set of LX manifolds that i ported to 2 1/16 inches that i wanna put, but seeing as how the O2 sensor fitting is on passenger side manifold, will it make a difference in the reading of the O2? thanx

oh ok ...O2 sensor is in the down tube ...on right hand side...now with the LX being in the manifold ..it may free up what little space there is in the skinny stock down tube ..adding to better flow ...but is still a cork in the system [stock down tubes] and at 2inches on the manifold collector ..I'm having a hard time getting it to seal ..on the flange on down tube ..dave

Back