My temp gauge goes up to the M on norm

layinthesmack31

Hey guys i know that this isnt totally bad but i had my SC ported and got a raised top over the winter and now when i drive the car the gauge goes up to the M on norm and before it only used to get to the O. I have a fan control switch so i can manually turn the fan on and off so when it gets that high i just kick the fan on and it goes down. I am just not sure if this is normal for the car to run a little hotter after the SC is ported. and i was also wondering if flushing the radiator might help this prob. I did try to put a lower degree thermostat in it and i couldnt get an aftermarket one to work so i just bought one from ford and it is the stock temp. I had a hell of a time resealing the thermostat housing so i would like to avoid taking that off again since i just did it last yr. I am just curious what i can do to keep it running cooler. like i said earlier it doesnt go over M but it used to only get to the O and it would take a while to get to that point. Also i have noticed the upper radiator tube has been hot to the touch where u cant grab it for more than a few seconds. I dont know if maybe the car is running a little lean and making it run hotter but please anyone with any suggestions let me know. thanks

Matt

layinthesmack31 said:
Hey guys i know that this isnt totally bad but i had my SC ported and got a raised top over the winter and now when i drive the car the gauge goes up to the M on norm and before it only used to get to the O. I have a fan control switch so i can manually turn the fan on and off so when it gets that high i just kick the fan on and it goes down. I am just not sure if this is normal for the car to run a little hotter after the SC is ported. and i was also wondering if flushing the radiator might help this prob. I did try to put a lower degree thermostat in it and i couldnt get an aftermarket one to work so i just bought one from ford and it is the stock temp. I had a hell of a time resealing the thermostat housing so i would like to avoid taking that off again since i just did it last yr. I am just curious what i can do to keep it running cooler. like i said earlier it doesnt go over M but it used to only get to the O and it would take a while to get to that point. Also i have noticed the upper radiator tube has been hot to the touch where u cant grab it for more than a few seconds. I dont know if maybe the car is running a little lean and making it run hotter but please anyone with any suggestions let me know. thanks

Matt
are you sure that systems was burped ?? i would make sure no air pockets were in system make sure to run your heater when burping system if this dosent work i would check for blockage in radiator.

Back