Still On The M

boosted89SC

Well i've been running warm this summer. I installed the MP FMIC over the winter and removed the ac condenser. It ran cooler, untill the 70 degree weather came. On the highway the temp is steady on the M. So last week I installed a MPII, MP plenum, 42# injectors, and a super capacity Griffin radiatior with robert shaw 180 thermostat. I am still on the M on the highway. I have an adjustable Permacool fan controller set to come on at 200 and off at 160. It cools down on the streets, but why is it still hot on the highway? Im sure there is no air pockets, im running about a 60/40 coolant water mix. I've checked codes and come up with 91 and 41, lean on right and left cylinders. Fuel pressure is about 33 at idle and 38 static. Could a lean condition cause this. Just havent had the time yet to install 255 pump. Oh and my air dam is intact also. Thanks for the help.

Sounds like you are waiting too long to turn the fan on. I would set it to turn on at 185. Adding the optional pusher fan to the front of the radiator will also help alot.

David

Definitely add the pusher fan if you can. Also, I have my fans set to come on & off at 180* (Brian Herron suggested it) & no matter how hard I beat the car or how long I drive it, the needle never actually hits the "N". Just sits right below it. And is constant. Fluctuates almost not noticable... But I also had a heating problem. So, I don't know if it was Brian changing the setting on the fan, orrrrrr, the fact that I am running only water wetter & water through the system. The bottle said it drops the car 20*. And a few racer said it will definitely help. ..

So like I said, I don't know if it was the water wetter or the fan settings. Maybe try both. I did those two changes the same time & it got rid of my problem. Prior to that my AC was causing me to go over the "M". .. Now that problem is history. Until winter. You can't forget to add at least a some regular antifreeze for the winter time. Or, uh-oh. But, by winter, you don't have to worry about the heat either I guess. We'll see.

Good Luck,
Anthony

Back