PDA

View Full Version : downtubes?

intercooled89xr
07-19-2004, 03:43 PM
is it worth get downtubes do they flow better then the stock tubes? thanks for the help

Thomas95SC
07-20-2004, 12:58 AM
ANYTHING flows better than the stock tubes. If your area allows you to run without cats then I would go for it. I have some from Tb88 and I think they are great.

intercooled89xr
07-20-2004, 01:11 AM
the tubes you got from tbird88 you have to get rid of the cats and do you have to have them welded on? thanks

Thomas95SC
07-20-2004, 01:19 AM
I dont think you have to get rid of the cats. You can probably just weld them on after the tubes. Im not runnin any cats so i'm not sure. You can email him and at [email protected] He could help you out. Might have to give him a few days to respond though, hes a busy guy.

intercooled89xr
07-20-2004, 01:21 AM
ok thanks so they do have to be welded on well thanks for the help.

Mike8675309
07-20-2004, 08:40 AM
The tubes that come from www.texasthunderbirds.com (run by Tbird88 aka Wynn) do not need to be welded in if your manifolds or headers have the stock style ball end on them.

The downtubes come with a new flange and are flared to fit onto the stock ball on the manifolds.

The end where it joins with the exhaust system is long enough to delete the cats for off road use. They are not designed to fit with stock cats. The tubes are designed to be used with either aftermarket replacement cats (high flow) or to delete the cats. If you are going to install new cats you will need to cut the pipe to length. Then either use exhaust clamps, or weld it. But welding is not required.