s/c engine

ITHURTZ said:
how much would a complete new or used 92-93 s/c engine cost

I bought a used complete SC motor with tranny for about $800US and a shortblock for $200CDN

im lookin at this 93 s/c. has a knock in the motor the guys tell me so i figure just a new motor. iv takin the motor outta my 93 5.0 when i had it and put another one in. just didnt complete it install :rolleyes:

how much harder is it to drop another s/c engine in and hook everything up and get it right the first time? iv never messed with an s/c or even got a close look at it. would it be worth the hassle or what do u guys think

im lookin at this 93 s/c. has a knock in the motor the guys tell me so i figure just a new motor. iv takin the motor outta my 93 5.0 when i had it and put another one in. just didnt complete it install

how much harder is it to drop another s/c engine in and hook everything up and get it right the first time? iv never messed with an s/c or even got a close look at it. would it be worth the hassle or what do u guys think

you can do it as long as the EEC is compatable w/ the engine....not sure about the engine/tranny combo someone else will have to step in and answer that....seems that I read there's a difference in the engines used for the aod verses the manual tranny in the early models [89-93].....but not sure.
z

um ok, i think i confused u ppl here on sccoa..

i am lookin at a 93 S/C tbird, the guy says engine has knock. HOW HARD IS IT TO TAKE OUT THE CURRENT S/C ENGINE IN THERE AND PUT IN ANOTHER S/C ENGINE. SAME CAR, SAME ENGINE. i dunno what u ppl dont understand.. how much HARDER is it to take out and put in VERSUS takin the 5.0 out

If you have the time and the skill it is still a pain. I wouldnt go thru it unless I could buy thr car dirt cheap. Its never just pull one out and put the other one in. A used motor is used. It will probably need head gaskets if they havent been changed, rod and main bearings are a good idea to. Where in lake county do you live I am in Antioch. Tim

well all i know is he says after they had an oil change performed a knock appeared.. im in ingleside. near the corner of fairfield and 134. ingleside.
so i dunno if 1750 with a knockin motor is worth it...

prob be cheaper just freshin up the old one wouldnt it?
cept i dont have the knowledge to put crank in and out along with the pitons! that requires to much detail i dont have in my brain

having a sc would be fun i would think compared to the 5.0 i used to have

Last edited:
Back