Brake Problem? (ABS Lights?)

fastsc92

Alright guys, I just finished up my line-lock install and things went smoothly with that. However i went to bleed th brakes and the bleeder screw broke off flush with the caliper. :mad: I tried my best with many many many methods to get it out, with no luck. So i decided to get two calipers from work ( Carquest) and it only cost me 24 bucks to do both sides. No biggie. So i start to breed the brakes, until its all fluid coming out. But when i get in the car, with it running. It was spongey as all hell. So i bleeded them again. Same results. I decided to bleed the rear, just in case. The pedal feels much better, but was still real spongey. I took it for a ride and now its back to normal. Here is my problem:

When i pump the brakes really fast ( 3 times a second) for about 4-5 seconds, the brake and the abs lights come on. They shut off after about 2 seconds when i stop. The lights never come on when i brake hard or brake normal, just when i pump it super fast like that. I'm not sure if its normal, or if it did that before, just something i noticed since the front brakes were apart. Any ideas of what is going on, or is this nothing to worry about?

uh...

If I remember correctly my 91 SC did that, and I beleive it was my accumulator. It has been so long though. I ordered a new one for 100 dollars and it fixed my problem. I don't think it was able to hold pressure in the system so the light goes on to tell you the ABS wont' work. Correct me if I am wrong.

I would have to say that your accumulator is getting weak and cant supply the demand for rapidly pumping the brakes.

Shane

its weird cuz it just started doing it after i changed the calipers and stuff. The abs does work and the lights dont come on if i brake normal. Even if i brake extremely hard, the abs kicks in and the lights stay off. All is normal. Its only when i pump the brakes really fast when it happens. I'm just curious to why.
I had the brake lines dangling with plugs in them overnight. However the plug fell out and fluid was dripping out all night. When i woke up i had a huge puddle under the car and the master was near empty. Thats why i had to bleed the rears as well. Maybe its just air in the abs system....? The fluid at the bleeder screws come out clean though. :confused:

Back