Another tire question, but different...

JStudrawa

So I browse Tire Rack, as many a thread in the search function stated. Very cool.

Kumho Ecsta KH11's for $56 (225/60/16) a tire, then add shipping of course. Seems a good price for replacing my broken sidewall Yokohama's (sitting in one spot for 6 months at a time will do that to you). Since I HAVE to get new tires now, I have a question...

Called Butler Tire here in Atlanta. They quoted me $275 to put them on! $550 out the door! So they are now on par with the $117 Pirelli P6. Of course there are $79 Uniroyals, but they are S rated and I won't go below V. I don't even want all-season, but what to do?

So, does anyone know where I can get tires put on a tad cheaper? Or else it seems ordering them isn't worth the hassle.

Josh

Edit: It's buried under UPGRADE GARAGE on the site, sorry guys! Looks like $12-20 a tire installed.

Last edited:
You have to look around a little. I found that small garages and even gas stations are the best place to get tires put on. The tire chains prefer to rape you if you don't buy your tires there. I pay $10/tire locally to have tires mounted and balanced and the small shop actually cares about what they are doing. :D All the tire shops in my area want $25/tire to mount and balance.

Yokohama, BFG, Michelin, or Bridgestone, are prefered and if you want cheaper then go with Kuhmo, Falken, or Sumitomo for good performance and low price. At the Tire Rack you get what you pay for, but at local shops you often get what they have available cheapest. Not always in your best interest. ;)

Back