FYI: Rad caps and boiling over

Les Borda

Just an FYI here folks, change that rad cap from time to time, mine is less than 3 years old and was overflowing the overflow reservoir big time when you shut her down. For a meger 20 frickin BUCKS from Ford(Shannohan sorry Ed was in a pinch), you too can be the proud owner of a genuine Motorcraft 16lb rad cap...LOL. Hey it worked and the Ford ones work very well unlike some of the CTC ones various members of us have tried.

3 post in one day

Les is back ...your finger must be sore from all that work ...lol ...good to see your still kickin ....dave

$20 ?? Full retail is $14.52, which would be $16.70 taxes included. Were you rounding up on that, or is that what they actually charged you ??

BTW, I sell them to club members for $10.99 + taxes. ;)

cheers,
Ed N.

No not kidding Ed, 19 and change with taxes I almost puked, different guy than I usually deal with. I remember paying 10 and change before taxes at Shannohan before with my discount. This guy stuck it to me big time or looked up and wrong damned rad cap part number for billing. It is the right cap, just like my old one.

Speaking of rad stuff...

I went to put the brass tank rebuild into my car and I noticed the drain plug is missing! Glad I noticed that before I started the work...imagine the embarrassment of coolant rolling down the driveway as I try to figure out why it's not filling up! LOL! :rolleyes:

Would anyone happen to know the size and if I can get a brass tap from CTC? I'd settle for a brass plug, since I tend not to ever use them....

Cheers,

Jim.

Brass Rad

Hey Jim
I took my plastic rad in with the brass rad to Clements, and they set up the 95 brackets on the brass rad so that I didn't have to change anything else, it just bolted right in.
Pete

Pete,

That poses a very good question then: what is the difference between the two? Is it something I can easily do in the driveway? :confused:

Jim.

Back