Can anyone help... I'm going in circles

SLP007

Heres the problem: When the car hits boost it bucks(not hard) and feels like all the power gets sucked out. At higher rpm's I can see *maybe* 2-3lbs before it starts to lose power and buck.

Heres how it started: Drove car to dinner with friends. Drove fine. Left for home and car starts buck and losing power.

Heres what I've replaced: Vaccuum hoses, Spark Plugs x3, Cam Sensor, Plug Wires, Coil Packs, DIS Module, Fuel Filter, TPS.

Anyone?

hows ur vacuum? should be at around 16 or more inches in idle while in gear, hows the belt? are any of them worn? might be slipping, have u pulled any codes? are ur plugs gapped right? should be at .54 or .054, i forget which one it is, are they DOUBLE PLATINUMS? other SC drivers recommend AUTOLITE DOUBLE PLATINUMS, are there any mods?

Search "engine bucking"

Do a search on this website. There's lots of info on this subject. Some guys got lucky with replacing plugs and wires. Others had EGR and fuel system problems. My 90 has bucked on me ONLY 1 time since I have owned it. Always drove me nuts wondering what happened. But, it's running fine........for now. Good luck, JJ

darkstar_one said:
hows ur vacuum? should be at around 16 or more inches in idle while in gear, hows the belt? are any of them worn? might be slipping, have u pulled any codes? are ur plugs gapped right? should be at .54 or .054, i forget which one it is, are they DOUBLE PLATINUMS? other SC drivers recommend AUTOLITE DOUBLE PLATINUMS, are there any mods?

No mods whatsoever. Vacuum sits steady at 20in while at idle. I am running the AL DP's gapped correctly (per this site). The belt was replaced less than 6k miles ago altho it does have some wear.

James - I've done several searches and most yield solutions like the ones I've already taken action on. Except for the EGR, I'll have to do some searching on that being a possibilty.

Thanks ya'll!

Have you cleaned your MAF sensor lately? Might need cleaned or replaced. I use a Q-tip and a bit of windex to clean it off.

check your air intake tube, mine fell off the throttle body one night and my sc did the same thing. ran like crap in boost, i was really worried. popped the hood and blamo....intake had fallen off.

I hate to tell you this, but if it helps it will be worth it. I replaced a bunch of maintenance items recently, including plugs and wires, and to make a long story short, one of the BRAND SPANKING NEW PLUGS was cracked in the insulator that the boot fits on. I pulled out of the driveway thinking I had just climbed a mountain knowing now what it took to change sparkplugs on a SC and it started bucking only in boost. The brand new plug that was cracked was a Autolite Double Platinum. I put motorcraft double platinum as replacements. All was well after that.

Back