part numbers book??

A ford Helms manual is a good start. Keep watching ebay as they go anywhere from 20-60 bucks, which isn't bad considering ford sells them for 80. In addition to parts numbers this book will show you how to take apart your car and troubleshooting diagrams.
I see you're in ames- if you're stuck you can get a hold of Thomas or Julian for help/info.

Between forcfed93 and I we have microfiche for 89-95 Super Coupes-what we have are the actual parts guides the Ford techs use-now we just have to find either a microfiche reader that works-or find one at a library that has a printer attached so we can print everything off and copy them

ebay is your best bet, you can almost always find parts lists for sale cheap. I do have a parts list for 89-97 cougar, if there is something specific you need. I also find www.rockauto.com a decent resource for part number referencing. I use it to check if the thunderbird part matches the cougar part numbers.

The parts lists shown on eBay are collision estimating lists torn from a book and copied-they show body, trim and suspension, and that's it.

Once I get the mfiche info printed out, then we'll set up a service offering bound copies of full parts lists. Price will be determined by the costs of copying/binding, but I'll keep it as low as I can.

Last edited:
You may want to check out Item number: 7912826481 on ebay right now. I have purchased a parts list from this seller before and it has everything. Cooling, emissions system, electrical, engine/trans, aircleaner, exhaust, intercoooler, supercharger, air conditioning, airbag, brakes, suspension, steering, instrument panel, interior/exterior, and more. So far, every part I have looked up is in it.

The description of the item shows this:

This is an original section from a large collision estimating guide, with OEM factory part numbers for 1989 to 1997 Ford Thunderbird models.
This item is a good reference, in conjunction with a shop/service manual to reference major body parts for restoration work, and/or easier to carry to swap meets than an entire parts book.

This item is not anywhere near a complete parts catalog, but a year, make, model specific reference that contains original manufacturer part numbers for most body parts, trim parts, and suspension parts that need to be identified for collision estimate services. No internal engine parts, or transmission parts are included.

Dissected diagrams show parts and sequence of assembly, along with most part numbers, and part cost at time of manual printing.

Back