PDA

View Full Version : whos the best at porting?

thunderstruck
07-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Im interested in redoing a stock motor and would like to get the intake, heads, and exhaust manifolds ported. I know these things are best left to guys who know exactly what they are doing. Who is the best, or who is the best for a reasonable price, that I can send them to to have done? Thanks

FastSC
07-21-2004, 02:11 PM
are you asking for absolute best, or "best for a resonable price" :D

I would say stiegemeier is probably the best and most consistant, but there are some cheaper options out there if you aren't looking for the absolute highest flow nubers.

thunderstruck
07-21-2004, 02:14 PM
yeah, Im not necessarily looking for "the best" I dont want to spend an arm and a leg, just an arm :rolleyes: Any suggestions that are a step down from Steg. ?

SC UL8R1990
07-21-2004, 02:20 PM
you have a PM :cool:

007_SuperCoupe
07-21-2004, 02:28 PM
You can still go with Steigemeyer heads, just not the all out performance heads. I've contacted him before and inquired about what I could have him do "on a budget." Basically you can give him a price that you want to spend and he will let you know what he can do for that price. My price at the time was around $600 and he could work with that. I never did end up doing that because of "life" but he was more than willing to work with me.

XR7 Dave
07-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Agreed. I think that Bob is the best man around. He has the most experience with these heads and you will get your money's worth.