PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram...Temp Gauge

white94sc
07-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Another heating issue with my 94 sc. I think that I finally found the problem to be electrical as my temp gauge will drop dramtically (then raise again) with one quick hit of the accelerator. This was actually the first time that i have ever witnessed this behavior from my possessed SC. Short of prescribing prozac to the sick chicken I was thinking about rewiring the temp sensor to the ECC and then from thier to the gauge in an attempt to eliminate any shorted wires.

On eof the many problems that I am having is that I have absolutly no reliable wire diagrams to begin this process. It appears that haynes (my suppsed shop manual) does not even know how a 94 SC is wired. So, specifically, I guess I need to know where does the themperature sensor (located at the T-stat housing) connect to on the ECC so I can cut the correct wire. And then from the ECC to that Gauge cluster.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mike

gldiii
07-21-2004, 03:32 PM
The sensor that runs the gauge and the sensor that goes to the EEC is not the same one. The one you are referring to, goes to the guage. The one for the EEC is over towards the passenger side of the car and is in a pipe fitting that goes from the intake manifold to some coolant hoses.

The Helms EVTM manual or the large wiring diagrams from Ford have the best wire identification. These can often be found on eBay.

Michael Mattix
07-22-2004, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't rewire it. Mine was being even more erradic (sp?) than yours and all I had to do was take the boot off of the temperature indiator at the front of the intake manifold and sand the stem that the boot fits over and put it back on. From that day on, it is no longer needing prozac.